Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day 2008 vs. MLK Day 2009

So, a year ago today (DAY wise, not DATE wise) was TOTALLY different for us. I'm posting this at 3:00 pm and last year at this time Grady had already stopped breathing, my MIL and I had called 911 and done CPR, the EMTs had taken Grady to St. Francis and we were either headed to Riley or already there (I lost a few hours in there somewhere, forgive me!) Anyway, if you want to know more about Grady's journey (or just want to refresh yourself) please see this link http://breathingsoundssoeasy.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-had-planned-on-posting-this-in-jan.html

So, today is full of all sorts of memories for me. Of course, there's not a day that goes by that I don't have memories of the hospital and all that Grady went through during his 40+ days at Riley.

Today, Taylor has strep throat and I'll be missing school tomorrow to be home with her. I hate that she's sick but all in all this is a much better MLK Day than last year!

Here's a video of Grady's progress this past year. Oh, and by the way, Grady wasn't born premature or have any kind of problems at birth. He was perfect. It wasn't until he was 2 wks old and then into 7 wks-4 months old that he had his problems. Just click on the picture!

View this montage created at One True Media
Grady's Journey



2 comments:

Finding Normal said...

Okay, just reading your profile and this post, I think we could easily be BFFs. I read St. Francis, but there are a lot of those. Then I read Riley and had to go see if you're in IN (don't know of another Riley though!)
We spent 5 months in Riley after Addison's birth. Winter 06-07. Good times. With a 21 month old at home. Great times. And both were born at St. Francis! (hear the Twilight Zone music yet?)
Now I'll be here all night, reading up on you, stalking away. :)
Glad to hear your baby's health issues seem to be past. We've not been so lucky, but it is so much better than it was. So I'm thankful for that.

Finding Normal said...

He's gorgeous, BTW! Beautiful eyes. What a little miracle. And I recognize that brown leather recliner. Ugh.