Sunday, April 5, 2009

I need your help......

Ok, for those of you who have had your kids on oral steroids, I have a question. Grady is like a MANIAC on them this time around. Worse than ever. He's screaming uncontrollably at times. This is day 3 of day 5. Can I stop them? (His cough is much better but not gone) Are these like antibx and if I stop them things can get worse? He (and we!) are just miserable on them this time. I'm guessing that we need to do the whole 5 days but if we can stop them on day 3 I'd love to. I'm going to try to get him in to the ped. tomorrow to see if they think he's got a sinus/respiratory infection. This has been going on for a long time and the green snot is back yesterday and today and is out of control.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'd keep him on it, I know it is awful. Sounds like he may need some oral anitiotics though to help kick that E.I. in the butt. Sorry it is so bad. Have you tried any claritin or any sudafed type stuff??

Mandy said...

He's taking Claritin once a day.

Rose said...

Colin was a maniac too, and just plain mean! I did take him off, but the wheazing was gone and I don't have a tot with respiratory issues, so I can't say...

Always a Southern Girl said...

I hate how steroids make me feel. But I would keep your little man on them, unless the Doc says to stop. Hope you have a great week.