Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Some more questions

What college did you go to? I went to Indiana State University 1995-1999 and got my masters from Indiana Wesleyan in 2003.

What's the hardest part of teaching in the inner city? The lack of experience in the kids. Their horrible home lives (drugs, parents in jail, fights, no food, dirty, etc) Their families' perspective of teachers/schools/education. The vicious cycle of poverty. The parents' lack of support. The lack of money in the district. Being in a huge district is hard in itself. The public's opinion of teachers and more specifically inner city schools/teachers.

Do you have any pets? Would you like a dog? Used to have two cats (husband allergic so we got rid of them) and used to a have a Chihuahua named Daisy but when Taylor was born she was getting no attention and spending all day shut up while we worked so we gave her to our groomer.

2 comments:

Finding Normal said...

But would you like MY dog? LOL He's having a rough day. It's too late to drop him off tonight, but I have no plans tomorrow afternoon. LMFAO! I'll even stop and get him some Pepto on the way!

Lori said...

I give major kudos to teachers who work in the inner city. I worked in a lower income school and found it heart breaking. I fed my class all the time for fear they'd go hungry once they left school