Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanks a million times over

As we draw near to the Thanksgiving holiday, I am even more reminded of how blessed I am and how much I have to be thankful for. First on my list this year is Grady's 1st birthday. I know just how lucky we are that he was no sicker than he was (compared to so many others we saw at Riley we know just how sick he could have been) but there were times when he was labled "critical" and there were a couple times when the future looked bleak for us. But, our prayers were answered and our sweet baby boy, who has gone through so very much and come out of it all smiling and being total cuddles and meaness, is about to turn one year old!!!! I love him so very much.
I am so very thankful too for my precious Taylor. She, too, has been through so very much and was such a trooper through all of it! Wow! She went from being the one and only to sharing mommy and daddy with Grady. Then mommy got sick and went away, then daddy was sick, then Grady was sick and went away for a long time and came back and went away and came back and went away and came back. Then went away one last time and came back! :) She was so good through all of this past year. Ok, "good" maybe isn't the exact word (if you've been around her lately you'd understand!) but she handled it all so well! She is too cute, funny, rotten, for words! I love her so very much!
I'm thankful for Ryan who has been my rock through it all. He has taken care of so very much this past year and he carries a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. His children adore him and I feel lucky to have him beside me through this all. Here's to a better year of health for all of us! I love him so very much!
I am so thankful for my family and friends. There's a million things I could say thank you for but I'm tired and want to go to bed :) so I'll sum it all up with, "Thanks for being there. Thanks for your support, your prayers, your words, your deeds. Thanks for being you!" We would not have gotten through this past year without our family and friends.
I'm also thankful that I have a job, a home, a vehicle, food, clothing, some money (did you know that if you have only $60,000 in assets you are richer than 75% of the people in the world? Cars, home equity, tv, computer, that should be about $60, 000 in assets right there. We truly don't know what it's like to have no money.)
So, in closing, I'm overwhelmed by the feeling of gratitude I have this year. I'm always thankful and think about it even more during this time of year but this year it's hitting me like a ton of bricks!
Happy Thanksgiving now and all year!

No comments: